Dun Laoghaire Rathdown Outreach Project CLG
Our Drug Free Programme is for people who have become drug free and wish to develop their confidence and skills to maintain their independence from addiction. The programme provides support to achieve your goals in relation to employment, education, training, social and personal growth.
The Drug Free Programme is a 12-18 month programme which focuses on relapse prevention, work place experience, social & personal development, health & wellbeing and education. The programme runs week days from 9:30am to 1:30pm and is community employment. The focus within the Drug Free Programme shifts towards education and work experience with less of an emphasis on rehabilitation however participants do have the support of a keyworker for the duration of their time on the programme.
While on the programme participants are supported to reintegrate into the community by means of work placement. DROP will source prospective employers in the Community of Dun Laoghaire Rathdown who will offer work placements that match the interests, skills and abilities of participants.
Some of the benefits to taking up a place on Community Employment are:
- Engaged in useful activities and meeting new people
- Support and guidance around various life issues
- Training and development opportunities
- Work experience opportunities
- Support around substance misuse and related issues
- Care-planning to assist in setting and achieving goals
- Personal development
If you have maintained a drug free status for 2+ months
- Make contact with us for assessment.
- Meet the eligibility criteria – we will help you with this
- Complete a referral form – we will help you with this